Friday, November 19, 2010

Fast Friday: Homemade Larabars

Homemade Choc Chip Cookie Dough Larabar
Homemade Larabars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!


Just a quick one,  I don't really have a lot of mofo time today.

Camilla from Enlightened Cooking posted about her homemade Larabar recipe (a whooping 2 years ago!). I gave it a try today and made the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough version, oh dear oh dear oh dear - SO GOOD! I don't think you can buy Larabars here in Germany (but we certainly have girls named Lara - hello, Lara!), though iHerb sells them in bulk, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy a whole box of something I might not like and this seemed like a nice thing to try. I really want to try a lemon pie version though, the mere thought of it - mmmmmmh.

Have a nice weekend everyone! Talk to you tomorrow. :)


6 comments:

  1. That's the exact website I always refer to whenever I make a Larabar. They're all really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love your website and it doesn't hurt that you have a refrigerator full of kimchi =) whereabouts in germany are you? i've only been to munich and cologne.

    larabars are awesome. thanks for the link. i never buy them because i just can't justify purchasing them when they're only nuts, dates, and whatever else you decide to throw in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kathleen: I agree, it seems ridiculous to spend money on something so simple. It's probably just more convenient to buy them for most people.

    I'm from Lower Saxony in the north, Hannover is our capital if that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this! I recently tried making granola bars, but mine fell apart. These bars look awesome, and I can even borrow a food processor! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Phoenix: You're welcome. If you have to borrow a food processor, it'd probably be best to make a few batches ahead. You could stick them in the freezer and take them out as needed. Camilla's recipe yields two bars and in hindsight I wish I would've made more to save myself some work. :)

    ReplyDelete