Sunday, March 27, 2011

Daily Eats: Sweet Azuki Milkshake & Lunch

Lunch, March 27 2011
Lunch: Yubu chobap, steamed sweet potato & a banana.


Sweet Red Bean Shake
Sweet azuki shake.

When I made steamed buns on Friday I filled half of the dough with mock meat and the other half with sweetened red bean (azuki) paste. BUT, as it always happens, I made waaay to much of both fillings so I decided to use some of the sweet bean paste to make myself a tasty tasty milkshake: almond milk, some silken tofu, sweetened red bean paste, half a banana and a few ice cubes. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! I have some azuki beans and I wondered what to do with them. I really want to try them out in steamed buns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulina - I'm not very picky when it comes to steamed buns, but the ones filled with sweetened azuki paste are such a neat treat and definitely worth the work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, I never would have thought to use the bean paste in a shake, but I bet it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete